Friday, June 22, 2012

We Love Mrs. Wilbur

Kylene (and I) loved, loved her First Grade Teacher, Mrs. Wilbur.  Rightfully so: she was wonderful!  She helped Kylene's transition to a new school in the middle of the year be almost seamless.  Kylene is loving her summer break but says she "misses her friends and Mrs. Wilbur."  It helps ease the pain knowing that Mrs. Wilbur lives in our neighborhood, about eight houses away, so she'll still get to see her.  The neighbor kids love to talk to her at the mailbox. 

Here is the little gift we made for her as her end-of-year "thank you."  It is painted with chalkboard paint.
 
 

And here is Kylene on her last day of First Grade in front of Boones Ferry Primary.  It was so fun to have her attending the same school I taught at 10 years ago.  I can't believe it has been that long!  It was so fun to walk those halls and reminisce and work in the work room as a parent volunteer rather than a teacher, etc.  It was fun seeing familiar faces and having people remember when I taught there.  Fun!

No comments: