We had lunch together, played games, opened presents, and had cake & ice cream. I think the games were the biggest hit: even though they were simple, they were a blast. The Clark's brought their huge stash of nerf guns and ammo and we had two shooting contests: one to knock over the most plastic cowboy & indian figures and one against our sliding glass door "target" (we drew on a target with different points). We also had fun playing "pin the feather on the indian", which idea Kylene came up with on her own.
It was a wonderful day. My favorite part was definitely seeing the pure joy in Spencer. Kylene & Spencer were both so excited all week for the event, especially Saturday morning before everyone arrived. Spencer's excitement, giddiness, and happiness "spilling over" was so neat to watch. Of course, Skyler wasn't quite sure what was going on but loved all the attention, the new toys, and especially LOVED his first cake experience.
My dad took over 300 pictures in the 2 1/2 hours everyone was here. How do you begin to choose from 300 pictures by a professional? I haven't even downloaded the ones from our camera yet! There were so many excellent ones. Here are a few "standouts" (sorry they're not in order).
The Mexican bandito and me wearing what I could put on in under two minutes:).
The birthday boy in his "gettup" and playing with other guns. We definitely had a lot of different "guns" in our house this weekend. I hope that's not too awful of us!
The Clark Clan definitely got in on the dress-up action. So fun!
Skyler's post-cake joy.Spencer blowing out the candles on his Indian headress cake.
Skyler entranced by the flame on his singular candle:). A shot of the cowboy hat and indian headress cakes I made. I also made a delicious chocolate chip applesauce cake my sister, Alyson, gave me the recipe for.
Look at me walking! Give me a gun, I'm ready to shoot!
Kylene playing with Skyler's new toy.
Yeah, I'm cute!
Skyler admiring his new bath towel my mom embroidered.
Logan & Shayla watching the present-opening action.
Kyle intent on winning the shoot out.
Logan trying to escape Scott's onslaught with the rapid fire nerf gun. SCARY!
Kylene & Stephanie, silly cousins:). (Believe it or not, that is Kylene's "cowboy" costume...she wears it for dress up all the time with a pink wide brimmed hat that she calls her cowboy hat. It's hilarious!)
Pin the feather on the (teeny, tiny) indian.
You can have the ball if you walk to me, Skyler.
Grandma Barney, intent on shooting.
Of course, the only person I don't have pictured here is my dad! Sorry, dad! Definitely part of being the photographer...
Kids' birthdays really are the best! (It makes all the work worth it.)

2 comments:
What a FUN party!!
ohhh so much fun! I love all the pictures. Makes me feel like I was there. So many happy memories. Happy Birthday Spencer and Skyler!
Post a Comment