Our happy, cuddly, gentle, content bundle of LOVE turned ONE today! Where has the time gone? Skyler has been such a joy and light to our family; it's hard to imagine life without him. I am so thankful he is feeling so much better for his special day. We are celebrating with a family birthday party for him and Spencer this Saturday.
Skyler has always been a happy, content baby. He is active and loves to watch his older siblings in action. Kylene & Spencer both LOVE him to pieces, which often requires a little protection from mom & dad. He was bascially walking on his own a few weeks ago, but after getting sick, he has decided crawling is where it's at (again)! He can take several steps (when coaxed), but most of the time would rather just sit down and crawl to where he wants to go.
He also is quite a picky eater. He's never been a huge finger foods baby, but would (most of the time) eat whatever we spoon fed him. No more. When he was sick he went back to exclusively nursing and is still mainly nursing. I can get him to eat a few foods, but most of the time he clamps his mouth shut. He will eat a few crackers here and there and likes fruit (in his mesh feeder), but I've got to get him eating more solids. I know being more active, and recently having been sick, he is supposed to be thinning out, but he's looking so skinny to me! (I'm use to chunky boy babies!) I guess his happy, active behavior is the best indicator, though, and I have to remind myself that he'll eat when he's ready. It's just a little bit more work for mommy and daddy. But, he's worth it!
He has four teeth on top and two on bottom and a huge full face smile with twinkly eyes. His hair is there a-plenty and always seems to stick up this way or that--so cute! He doesn't love his car seat but hopefully facing forward will help with that. He is usually great about taking naps and going to bed at night, although we definitely need to work on the middle of the night wakings! One year olds CAN sleep through the night!
We love you, Skyler and are so thankful you're a part of our eternal family!



1 comment:
Awww...sweet, sweet, sweet. I just about fell off my chair when I realized that, yes, indeed, he is ONE now! Time flies. And I always thinking about him and Parker being closer in age but they really are a ways apart. He is such a cutie and I'm also glad he's feeling better. He looks great! All those teeth! All that hair! I love it. Happy birthday, Skyler!
Post a Comment