Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve we spent at my parent's house in Wilsonville. The Barney's (Alva & Wendy's family) joined us from Camas, WA. We had a delicious meal, opened our presents from grandparents, acted out the Nativity, and sang Christmas songs and listened to the girls play songs on the piano.
The Three Wise "Men".
Bringing gifts to the Baby.

Here is Spencer, opening his jean quilt from his great grandmother, Ruby (my mom's mom). She has now made quilts for all her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. This Christmas she gave all the great grandsons quilt, plus a few others. She made 43 in all (this fall)! At 91, that is quite the accomplishment; she is amazing!


After the festivities at my parent's, we came home and opened our Christmas pajamas. This year I decided I wanted to make matching jammies for everyone to open on Christmas Eve. I bought all the fabric like a month before Christmas and then never got around to making them. The Monday before Christmas, my mom came down and helped me make them all in one day. I couldn't have done it without her! Thanks, mom.

It was so fun to all be matching on Christmas morning when we woke up! The boys all had matching pants; Kylene wanted a night gown and I had pants that matched Kylene's.

Kylene opening her jammies.


1 comment:

Beth said...

all that fun with family, isn't it such a blessing to have family close by? Way to go on the pj's and that your mom made it possible to finish them in 1 day!
Go Cougars!
Happy New Year!