Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Traditions, Part 3

TRADITION: White Elephant Christmas Party with the Godfrey's & Richards.
Here are the kids getting ready to do their gift exchange. I didn't get a picture of the cool, "I went to the Godfrey's White Elephant Party and all I got was this shirt" shirt I "won" at last year's party then re-gifted this year, but we had a good time laughing and eating, as always!

Kimball, Zach & Kylene have been buddies since they were about nine months old. It's so fun to see how much they have grown!
TRADITION: Salem's Festival of Lights Parade

Even though it's usually freezing, and sometimes raining, we love going to the parade with the Godfrey's and Richards. We found a great street near a restaurant (okay, it's a bar) that gives out free hot cocoa that we can enjoy during the parade.

The gang.
Can you spy Santa on top?
Trying to keep my sweet lil' guy warm. TRADITION: Go see Santa Claus!

For the last several years, we have visited Santa in his little house that a law firm in Salem has in their parking lot. They decorate all the offices around them with lights. Kylene loves that Santa gives the "big" candy canes.
This year she walked unworriedly up, hopped on his lap, and snuggled in to him. Spencer, on the other hand, was still a little bit wierded out by the whole concept and nervously scooted toward him just close enough to be able to grab a candy cane from his hand. (Oh, the lure of candy!) Skyler didn't know what to think, except that he didn't know this funny looking man!




TRADITION: Go see the Christmas lights in Keizer.

I forgot to get any pictures of the actual lights as we drove through the neighborhoods, but here is a picture of Kylene & Spencer immediately following.
I really didn't realize we have so many Christmas traditions until I started blogging about them. It is so fun to feel the joy and excitement each of these events brings to my kids. It makes it all the more special!

No comments: