I thought I'd just give a quick update: Spencer woke up this morning MUCH worse--the reaction has spread EVERYWHERE and is bright red and pock mark looking, with more swelling in his legs. They look kind of bruised, actually. Looking at these pictures now, I wish this was as bad as it got. We took him to our pediatrician today and he put him on a prescription antihistamine that should help more than the Benadryl, but he said that the swelling might not peak until tomorrow! UGH. He also said it will probably last another four or five days. Spencer was in a lot of pain and VERY itchy today, so he mostly wanted to be held, but he has still been such a trooper. I just hope he can sleep tonight, he is so tired.
Thank you so much to my mom for coming down today so Kylene could still go to her tumbling class and have a friend over while I took Spencer to the doctor. It is so wonderful knowing family and friends are so willing to help when need be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Ohhh, poor Spencer! How terrible. Hope you guys are all feeling better soon!
Thinking of you, I hope everyone gets well in time for the new baby. I hope your feeling well. Thank You for sharing with us. Aunt Ann
Poor little guy! That does look totally itchy! I'm glad he was feeling better today! :)
Love seeing your updates. We have luckily dodged the sickies this year (so far Knock on Wood) I hope you all get feeling better. It seemed that whenever I was pregnant everyone was sick. I can't believe how soon you and Crystal are gonna have new babes. Have a good week. Our BirthMonth is almost over for another year.
Poor Spencer! I hope it doesn't last as long as the doctor said!
BTW, I met another Kylene today! She spells it the same and everything!
Oh poor Spencer, and poor YOU! I hope he starts feeling better soon so you all can get some sleep.
I had so much fun last night, you really are the best. I love you!
Thats sad that he broke out in hives! I hate when the kids are sick it is the pits! You look cute I hope you had a nice b-day! Yah for 34 weeks done! Are you ready for a new baby boy!
Post a Comment