Here is Kylene on the day of her baptism and confirmation as a member of The Church: Saturday, November 24, 2012.
Kylene's baptism was beautiful. There was such a wonderful spirit present. She looked radiant all dressed in white and was nervously excited.

We were so thankful so many family and friends came to support her on her special day. Here she is with her good friend from Salem, Rachel. The bottom left is with Joan Caldwell, a darling elderly friend in our ward that Kylene has really grown to love. The bottom right is with Tutu and Grandpa.
Kylene's program was done mostly by family. Tutu played the piano; Aunt Jana led the music; Auntie Shayla and Auntie Maile each gave a wonderful talk. Rebekah (cousin) and Uncle Scott gave prayers and Grandpa McCune and Uncle Alva were the witnesses. Daddy baptized and confirmed her. Brother Jensen (one of our Ward Missionaries) conducted and Brother Taylor from the Bishopric welcomed her to the ward and bore a beautiful testimony.
Following the baptism we had all the family over for dinner. Kylene requested fondue, so we had cheese fondue with ham and chicken and lots of bread and veggies for dinner, then a yummy chocolate with all kinds of treats and fruit for dessert. There was so much food! But, based on these pictures below, I think it's safe to say everyone enjoyed it. (Especially Skyler!) The picture of Kylene, Stephanie and Alaina is showing us all how "stuffed" they were after eating.
That night after everyone had gone home and we put the kids to bed, I reflected on the day. I felt overwhelming gratitude for the Gospel and the pure joy it brings into my life. I felt such gratitude for the gift of family and the joy my children bring to me. I was so grateful for Kylene's choice to be baptized and the wonderful spirit there. I felt immense gratitude to my Savior, Jesus Christ, who makes all of it possible. I went to be tired, but so full of joy and love.



1 comment:
Congratulations to Kylene! I can't believe she is EIGHT already!!
Post a Comment