Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tumbling!

This fall I started Spencer in a gymnastics/tumbling class once a week at Salem Gymnastics Club.  He was very unsure of himself at first, and I fought him to go, but once he started participating loved it every time.  The problem was, he kept having a hard time (crying, fighting me about going) at the beginning of every class.  I wasn't sure what to do.  Finally, we had a little "heart to heart" and I told him he didn't have to go although I hoped he would, but that I wasn't going to pay money for the class if he was going to cry and fight me every week.   He said he would stop crying.

I then also decided to let Skyler try it.  At first I had decided he was too young to pay money to participate, but he was getting harder to manage every week while he was just sitting around waiting with me while Spencer was participating.  So a few weeks ago, I signed Skyler up and told Spencer he needed to be the big brother and show Skyler what to do.  It worked like a charm!  Spencer proudly led Skyler in and Skyler didn't even look back.  (Spencer has always been my "timid in new situations" kid; Skyler my bold, "I can take on the world" kid.)  So, now they are doing it together each week and loving it.  I love how cute they look together!  I hope it lasts!

Here are a few photos for your viewing pleasure:









Love the tongue!
 

1 comment:

Cami! said...

we LOVE the picture of Skyler stretching - he looks SO excited! It's adorable. So excited to see you soon!