Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween Festivities

We enjoyed a trip to the Pumpkin Patch on October 22nd.  (Pictures to come when I can upload them from another camera.)  We tried out a new patch this year; unfortunately, it wasn't quite a exciting as ones we have gone to in years past, but the kids still had a good time in the corn maze, picking out pumpkins, the hay ride, and the ice cream afterward.  Kylene experienced a zip line for the first time, which she thought was very cool.

We had the Richards' Family over to carve pumpkins and eat pizza last weekend.  The kids had a blast together (why don't we do this more often?!), and the adults joked about how we ended up doing most of the carving.  I'm sure that will change as our kids get older and more steady with a knife:).

Spencer was a lion this year.  I had to include this collage of only him simply because there were so many darling/hilarious/sweet pictures of him posing in this costume.  All of them just say, "Spencer!" to me. 

Here are the Halloween night pictures.  Spencer our lion, Kylene our ice skater, Skyler our giraffe, and Andon the candy corn.  We went to a ward trunk-or-treat first, then Kylene went trick-or-treating with her friend, Rachel, and Kyle took Spencer and Skyler out around our neighborhood.  Andon and I did "door duty."  Actually, Andon pretty well slept the night away. (Actually, I should say "evening"; he was up plenty in the middle of that night!)  We did have a darling candy corn costume for him to wear (thanks, Susan!) but unfortunately, I don't think he appreciated how cute he was.

No pictures of the actual trick-or-treating, but here's one of Skyler's stash following.  I finally figured out a few days after Halloween--and the constant mess of candy and wrappers everywhere driving me nuts--that I should "buy" the candy from my children.  They ended up selling a good portion, but not all of their candy.  But, hey, Spencer and Skyler's stashes are gone, so now we only have to get through Kylene's.  Here's hoping it's all gone soon. 

No comments: