The Labor Day holiday we enjoyed a relaxing weekend at home, working and playing. Both Saturday and Monday we did lots of work on our yard--which was in desparate need of lots of work! But now everything is edged and trimmed and new barkdust is spread; so nice! I felt guilty since I mostly watched Kyle do the work but I tried to help out when I could. He kept telling me to stop helping for some reason:). The kids loved helping to spread the barkdust and it was fun to have a work project as a family. We also took Spencer's training wheels off his bike and went to the school to work on him learning to ride with only two-wheels; he's getting close, and I really think he could do it, but he needs more confidence in himself in order to go a little faster and keep his balance. Every time Kyle let go he would get nervous and put on the brakes. We also went and bought Kylene her own alarm clock for school--woo hoo!
Saturday evening my parents came over for dinner and watching football. Grandma was so good about playing lots of games with the kids and dad and I had a great time talking cameras. (We purchased our first D-SLR in time for this baby to be born and he was more than glad to give us pointers on how to use it properly. Thanks, dad!) My mom was also glad to let the Kylene and the boys try on her lipstick. They absolutely loved it--ha! I hope it can't hurt having boys put on lipstick once in awhile:). I always tell them, "No", so I guess that's another one of "Grandma's jobs"!
Sunday was such a nice, family day. After church Kyle gave the kids their father's blessing for the school year as well as giving me one in preparation for the baby to be born. It was so darling to watch him give Skyler a daddy's blessing. Skyler sat there with his arms folded so sweetly. It made me so grateful--yet again--for a wonderful husband and father who holds the priesthood and can bless our family in this way. The rest of the afternoon was quiet and peaceful, being together as a family.
Here is my 38 week belly. I feel like I've posted a lot of these lately, so sorry if it's getting to be boring!
Daddy and his three kiddos:
Mommy with the three cuties:
I feel so richly blessed these days and while I'm excited for this cute, little baby #4 to arrive, I am trying to cherish these last days of summer and the relative ease of having him still "in utero". I have been trying to get our new routines established but also realize that life will be turned topsy-turvy for a time as soon as he arrives. But the kids and mommy and daddy are excited and anxious to meet him whenever he decides he's ready. With all the turmoil and uncertainty out in the world, I am so grateful for my little piece of heaven on earth right here at home!


1 comment:
you are so cute! Good luck with the new little one!
Post a Comment