Thursday, August 11, 2011

Spencer's Soccer & Blueberry Picking

Spencer has participating the last several Saturdays in a little soccer "camp." A friend organized it with whomever wanted to join in the fun. The dad's make great coaches and the price is just right! The first week he pouted and just stood there and watched, but is now running around, kicking, and enjoying it.




Last weekend after soccer, we headed out to our favorite blueberry field. I had gone a few weeks prior with a friend and kiddos and picked about eight pounds. Well, it proved worthwhile to take Kyle this time: in about half the time, we picked 22 pounds! I told Kyle he's my "super blueberry picker"! We now have plenty of frozen blueberries which will hopefully last us all winter long. I love filling up the freezer with yummy Oregon produce!


The kids were great helpers (and eaters) both times, and really enjoyed picking. But near the end, they were glad there were a few toys there to play with.


My super picker!


No comments: