Monday, August 22, 2011

Oaks Park Tradition!

Cricket once again sponsored a Family Fun Night at Oaks Park this summer. The kids remembered last year's trip well and were so excited to go again. We invited our friends, the Richards, to join us and it was a blast to have another family to swap kids and rides with and enjoy a picnic dinner. We all had a total blast, even the prego lady who couldn't hardly go on any rides:). Here are a few pictures.


Here are Kylene, Skyler, and Zach on Skyler's absolute favorite ride, the motorcycles. I think he rode the ride at least 12 times. Since there were so few people there, most of the rides had no line and the kids could just stay on and ride it again and again as many times as they wanted. I let all six kids go on this ride about four times in a row while Kyle, Alee and Brandon went on one of the "big" rides unsuitable for pregnant women:). (Not that I would have gone on it anyway...I'm such a wimp when it comes to those kind of rides.)


Skyler also became super attached to Zach for some reason. Zach is Kylene's age, and Skyler just adores him now. He always wanted to sit by him on the rides, and still will ask to play with or see him whenever we talk about or do anything with the Richards. It is so cute.


"The Spider" my kids love!








The oh, so jarring childrens' roller coaster. Just look at the speed!




The kids were tall enough to go on "The Scrambler" for the first time this year. They loved it. I guess they got their daddy's "amusement ride" gene, since they love the "big" rides so much. Kylene begged for me to let her go on "The Eruption", the green and yellow ride in the background, but I was too nervous to let her. Maybe next year I'll get up the courage:).


On the choo, choo train! Party!


Kylene, Zach and Kyle on the Ferris Wheel.


I got to ride the Ferris Wheel with my buddies, Skyler and Spencer!





Spencer wondering if he is tall enough, while Kylene and Zach wait in line. Notice the hand holding going on? Alee and I were shocked and giggly about it--it was so sweet and innocent. What can I say? They're good friends and didn't seem to think a thing about it. I was glad Alee got this picture for posterity's sake:).



A fun night was had by all:). Thanks, Cricket and Oaks Park.

2 comments:

Alee and Brandon said...

LOVE the photos!! :) I love the one of Kylene and Zach on the Ferris Wheel and Kyle being the chaperone! ;)

Beth said...

we had so much fun there this Thursday.Same rides, except the train was the ride Ethan loved and went on it over and over again. I love the screaming Eagle, Nicole went on it, can you believe it!