Kyle had to wait for my "real" gift to him for his graduation. I told him we were going out on a date last Friday night, but really I had booked a room at a Bed and Breakfast about 40 minutes from our house. (In Hopewell, Oregon; if you haven't heard of it, that's okay, because there's not much there!) But this sweet couple has turned their 12-acre farm into a beautiful, peaceful get-away.
I ended up telling him the night before that it was an overnighter (so I didn't have to pack for him and because I was too excited), so he was anxious all day Friday trying to figure out where we were going. (Luckily, he never guessed Hopewell!) Our dear friends, Julie and Christian, volunteered to take all our kids (what's three more when you already have five, they said?!), so we were set! Since the room had a full kitchen, I packed dinner for us for the evening. Afterward we enjoyed a hike overlooking the valley then watched a movie, read, and relaxed. It was so quiet and peaceful with no kids!
Saturday morning we enjoyed a delicious breakfast brought to our room and relaxed until we had to check out, then crossed a ferry over the Willamette River and headed to Willamette Mission State Park for more hiking. Then we went to the Outlet Malls in Woodburn to buy Kyle some new work clothes with some of his graduation money. Being the big shopper that I am, I totally forgot there would be all the Memorial Day weekend sales, so it was really crowded but we got some great deals. (I even scored on a new pair of shoes!) We finally went home to our kids around 4:00 p.m. (We had a babysitter take our kids for the day so Christian and Julie could have a break.) , and planted our garden and Kyle mowed.
It was such a wonderfully, rejuvenating weekend. I thanked Kyle that even I got to enjoy his graduation gift from me:).


No comments:
Post a Comment