Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Kylene's Note to Mommy

Kylene of late has wanted us to write notes to one another and leave it under our pillows. I left her one last night and immediately after waking up this morning, she penned a reply. I saw her up in her bed working on it, so I was excited a short while later to find this note under my pillow:

"Dear mommy Thank you for the note. I like that you're our mother. I love you."
My heart melted! I was excited with how much she spelled correctly and how well she sounded out the words she didn't know how to spell. Later, she told me she copied some of the words from the note I had left her, then sounded out the others. I told her way to go on being resourceful! Anyway, I knew she could write, but this actually really surprised me. It is neatly written, includes proper spacing, has some upper and lower case letters, and mother is spelled remarkably well for being phonetic. (That is a difficult word to spell phonetically.) I was a proud mommy, not to mention feeling very loved!
(I didn't ever think she would "suffer" for being homeschooled in Kindergarten; however, moments like confirm it for me! Phew!)

1 comment:

Beth said...

So sweet on many levels!