Kylene had her first official "sleepover" a few weeks ago with her best friend, Rachel. Every year our library celebrates "No Screen Week" by letting everyone who keeps their pledge to not watch TV or play computer games for a week spend the night at the library. Kylene (being the reader that she is) read all about it one day when we were at the library and totally wanted to sleep over. Me? Not so much. (I know, I'm a party pooper.) I decided to compromise and let her have a friend sleepover if she didn't watch TV for an entire week. She did remarkably well, even avoiding the TV when Spencer was watching and not complaining, etc. (I only wish it had lasted longer than a week!) Anyway, her and Rachel had so much fun giggling and laughing. They ended up getting scared sleeping downstairs (aahh, doesn't that bring back memories?!), so slept in our hallway right outside our door. It was fun to fall asleep listening to their giggling and whispers.
Kyle hit the books for his final stretch to get his MBA on January 12th. He only has three classes left and we are counting down the days until graduation on May 21st! Yay! Since he has class in Portland from 6:00-10:00 every Wednesday night, the kids and I have tried to come up with fun things to do: pizza, movie nights, lots of acting crazy, etc. A couple of weeks ago they were playing dress-ups right before bed and really started going crazy. I just love the pictures I snapped.



1 comment:
your bangs look soooo good, so wispy!
Post a Comment