Friday, June 11, 2010

Kylene's Ballet Recital

Kylene has been doing ballet once a week for the last 2-3 months. She signed up at the same time as two of her good friends, Rachel & Gwen, and it turned out they were the only students in that class! They have had a ball going each week and dancing and twirling together. It has worked out so well to carpool, and only have to drive every three weeks, although I must admit it was a bit of an adjustment (and another big step for me as the mommy) to "send off" my oldest on her own! I don't know that I am ready for Kindergarten, even if Kylene is!

The studio she attends holds a big dance recital in June, but since we started late (it usually runs the school year), and we are going to be out of town the weekend of the recital, Ms. Sara, her instructor, agreed to hold a special "recital" for Kylene's class. She taught them a very short dance which they performed and the remainder of the class time she had the girls show us what they had learned. Besides giving a talk in church, this was Kylene's first ever "performance". She was nervous but very brave, eventually relaxing and really enjoying herself. It was darling to watch her.

My parents came, so my dad kindly agreed to take a few pictures. As you may guess, I now have 253 great pictures to choose from! So, here are a few of my favorites (not in order).

I love this still shot of her, with the mirror showing her back.

The "grand" audience. Alyson, Brent, and family had arrived the day before from Colorado for our family reunion this next week, so they joined us! Yea for family!

Rachel, Kylene, Gwen preparing for pony gallops.









Getting ready.







2 comments:

Cristie Jensen said...

She is so Gorgeous! Watch out world

Memory said...

As you could probably have guessed...I love it!! :-) She is a beauty. Look at those legs...they're so cute! Just beautiful.