Nicole (7-months older) and Kylene always have so much fun together. Here they are devouring blueberries.
May 31st was Memorial Day. My two best friends from high school, Beth and Memory, and I get together a few times a year and go out to eat and reconnect, but we rarely get all of our families together. So we decided we would make it an annual Memorial Day tradition. We met in Cornelius at Beth's home and had a houseful with Randy and Beth and five kids, Beth's parents, Michael and Memory and three kids, her mom, and Kyle, myself and three kids. We had a yummy barbecue lunch then relaxed and talked while the kids played. Everyone had a great time. Thanks so much for hosting, Beth! I look forward to next year.
On the way there, we also took the time to stop at Michael & Memory's first son, Dallin's, gravesite. It has been several years since I had been there and it was special to be able to take my children, tell them about Dallin, and talked to them about eternal families. The cemetaries are so beautiful on Memorial Day with the flags and flowers everywhere you look. A wonderful tribute to those who have given everything for our country and our freedom. I hope we are able to preserve it in the face of so many things threatening it. But I won't digress for now. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful chance to visit, no matter how brief.
On the way there, we also took the time to stop at Michael & Memory's first son, Dallin's, gravesite. It has been several years since I had been there and it was special to be able to take my children, tell them about Dallin, and talked to them about eternal families. The cemetaries are so beautiful on Memorial Day with the flags and flowers everywhere you look. A wonderful tribute to those who have given everything for our country and our freedom. I hope we are able to preserve it in the face of so many things threatening it. But I won't digress for now. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful chance to visit, no matter how brief.

1 comment:
we had a great time too! We all have great kids!
Post a Comment