Everyone is tired of the rain around here. Call me crazy, but I actually don't mind it too much. The last few weeks we have had beautiful, spring weather with only occassional rain to freshen up the air. This week it has poured every night, all night, and much of every day. Actually, the weather during the day is very fickle: pouring rain, a bit of sunshine, pouring rain, etc. I love the sunshine, of course, but don't mind the rain either. Except for the fact that my kids are antsy to get outside. There's a price to be paid for the green and beauty of Oregon, however:).
Wednesday it was still a nice, warm rain so I let the kids go in the backyard and splash around on the deck. They loved it. Here's Kylene sporting the umbrella. I'll have to get a picture of Spencer & Skyler in their rain boots: SO cute!

We got our first "egging" last night. At about 10:30 p.m. Kyle was studying in the kitchen and suddenly heard something hit the window and then a car race off. He went outside to see what it was and sure enough, a raw egg was splattered all over our window and was running down the side of our house. Thankfully he heard it so he was able to spray it off before it dried on. But now our screen has some tears in it: I don't know if that was from the egg hitting it or from spraying it down with the hose, but nevertheless, it's a pain. I'm guessing it was just kids being kids, but it's still annoying.
Today was a great day: nothing set on the schedule. Actually, tonight was supposed to be the Father & Sons Campout but due to expected thunder & lightning, it was cancelled. Suddenly, the calendar was clear! We relaxed at home in the morning, went to the library, played and read books all afternoon, including a quick walk when there was a break in the clouds, then we went out to dinner as a family this evening. I read a ton of books to my kids: probably for at least two hours total. It was fun to have uninterrupted time with them and have nowhere we had to be. I like it when life slows down, if only for a day.
Wednesday it was still a nice, warm rain so I let the kids go in the backyard and splash around on the deck. They loved it. Here's Kylene sporting the umbrella. I'll have to get a picture of Spencer & Skyler in their rain boots: SO cute!
We got our first "egging" last night. At about 10:30 p.m. Kyle was studying in the kitchen and suddenly heard something hit the window and then a car race off. He went outside to see what it was and sure enough, a raw egg was splattered all over our window and was running down the side of our house. Thankfully he heard it so he was able to spray it off before it dried on. But now our screen has some tears in it: I don't know if that was from the egg hitting it or from spraying it down with the hose, but nevertheless, it's a pain. I'm guessing it was just kids being kids, but it's still annoying.
Today was a great day: nothing set on the schedule. Actually, tonight was supposed to be the Father & Sons Campout but due to expected thunder & lightning, it was cancelled. Suddenly, the calendar was clear! We relaxed at home in the morning, went to the library, played and read books all afternoon, including a quick walk when there was a break in the clouds, then we went out to dinner as a family this evening. I read a ton of books to my kids: probably for at least two hours total. It was fun to have uninterrupted time with them and have nowhere we had to be. I like it when life slows down, if only for a day.

2 comments:
I'm sick of the rain. The good weather got me excited for summer! Funny that our boys both got hurt at the children's museum. Glad you had a good mother's day. you deserve a special day!
I would have taken rain over the 3+ inches SNOW that we got yesterday! Crazy!
Actually, I like snow better, because you don't get as wet when you walk in it.
I take it back. :-)
Post a Comment