Another quick update to say that after a very rough week, we are all doing better. Spencer's rash is pretty well gone now, but he still has itching bouts where he can't stop scratching. He also has scratch marks all over his belly and neck that need to heal (even though we've kept him in a onsie 24/7 to keep him from scratching, we couldn't stop him from putting his hands DOWN his shirt during the night.) The wierdest thing is how sensitive his skin still is; if he itches it or is bumped, or even when I pull a shirt over his head, that spot breaks out bright red and sometimes even has a raised section like his hives. I just hope it will all be gone soon. He had a really rough week with sleeping and now seems to have developed the habit of waking up at 3:45 a.m. every morning and not wanting to go back to sleep, so needless to say, he is very sleep deprived. But, overall, we are doing much better than we were last week.
Kylene had her tumbling class this morning and Kyle came to watch her so I got to shoot some pictures that I'll post as soon as I have a chance. She has been so patient as I wait on Spencer, hold Spencer, get Spencer medicine, etc., and as we all have to listen to Spencer screaming (let's just say the steroid the doctor gave him at one of our four visits last week created a Spencer I hope never returns...). The cute part is when she tells him he better stop waking her up. I wish I could just TELL him to stop waking me up, too! Oh well, at least I get to sleep until 3:45.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm glad Spencer's doing better and hope all returns to normal soon so you can get ready for your new arrival :)
so glad you guys are doing better!
Phew! better but not out of the woods yet! I hope your cough is getting better with what little rest and sleep you are getting. I'm going to sound like my mom but, make sure to get lots of rest before 'skyler' comes. love you
Poor little guy, I'm glad it's pretty much done now!
Wow, so I read through your blog... your poor family! Especially Spencer! That must be so hard to watch him suffer and not be able to make him better. Also, it must be even harder when your not getting any sleep. I'm so sorry for you guys. I hope you are all better soon!
Post a Comment