Can you see it? I was so excited because this is a new developmental stage for her in her writing! She is understanding that all words have a beginning sound and she can recognize and write those letters. Today she wrote two more pages for me: "I like to play with dad," and "I like to play with mom." For these ones, as you can see, she spelled out mom and dad!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Our Beginning Writer
Yesterday after preschool (she is in a co-op with four other kids), Kylene brought a piece of paper to me and told me she had written, "I like to ride my bike."


Maybe it's because I taught Kindergarten and First Grade (so I know this is an important step developmentally), but this was a proud mommy moment for me. It's fun to see my own child going through this natural growth and learning for the first time! It's amazing how natural it really is; kids are naturally curious and will take baby steps in learning to read and write as they are ready.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
that's a smart little princess fairy! Wonderful mommy moment! It's all worth it isn't it!
Post a Comment