I had a doctor's appointment this week and was still measuring small, so the doctor decided to do an ultrasound to check on the baby's size. He said they wanted to make sure he was the right size for this stage and that there is enough amniotic fluid. Well, at 35 weeks, they are estimating our little boy #2 at 5.4 pounds! Remember that the last few weeks of gestation, babies can gain 1/2 to 1 pound a week! I certainly don't want a 10 pound baby! No, the doctor said everything looked good and that he thought he would be about 7 1/2 pounds, the same as Spencer. I'll be happy if we stay under eight pounds (PLEASE! Does begging help here?!). :) The doctor also said the baby is really low already and is sitting off to the right side of my body. I think the latter is because I carry Spencer all the time on my left hip; the baby is just trying to stay out of the way!
Anyway, it was fun to see the baby again this late in the pregnancy. (This baby has been well photographed even before birth: this was about his fifth ultrasound.) It's amazing how sweet they look even on the small, grainy monitors. The sonographer reaffirmed that he is definitely a boy, too! So, no surprises in that regard at the delivery, I guess. It's hard to believe we are now looking at less than five weeks. This is getting serious, folks.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow, it is getting close! I love how you say this kid is just trying to stay away from Spencer as you carry him. So cute. Just wait until he is born and really gets to play with his brother! Glad you are doing well and hey, welcome to the world of BIG Baby Boys and brothers! lol. Hope you have a speedy last few weeks!
Yah it really stinks to be due the same day as you cause your so darn tiny! We are getting down to the wire these days! My baby is way low too, and often lopsided to my left! Silly babies!
Post a Comment