Tuesday, May 5, 2015

April, in Summary

I love cute, random pictures of my family:).

 

Who would have thought the first morning of Spring Break my kids could make a snowman?!  It was the perfect, wet, dense snow that sticks together so well.  So much for all the snow gear being put away for the winter.  So much for trying to get the house organized the day before family arrives!  I was a bit worried we wouldn't be able to do our much anticipated yard work while everyone was here.  But, never fear, it was all melted by the following morning and the rest of the week was in the 50s and 60s.  Awesome!
 Following Spencer's baptism and a barbecue at our house, my side of the family all headed back to Oregon.  The Mudaliar's and Kyle's parents stayed another day.  Yay!  The kids continued to play hard, and the adults had a great time visiting, playing cards, and going out on a triple date!  The guys suggested we go out to dinner Saturday night.  I wasn't too sure about the idea until I realized Alohi (my niece) could babysit, and this was for adults only!  I was definitely "in"!  We went and saw Spokane Falls (really high this time of year; so powerful) then had dinner overlooking the falls at Athony's Seafood Restaurant.  It was a beautiful evening.  The kids had mac and cheese (our "babysitter food"), watched "Bed Knobs and Broomsticks", and loved it. 
April was "Art through Science" Night at Snowdon.  It was amazingly well done and attended.  Every classroom had a different science or art exhibit, with different organizations from all over our area there to present/display.  They had the Science guy, Reptile Man, a rock club, the WSU Pharmacy school making lip balm, dissecting squid, a train engineer, Inland Power, an Astronomy group, different animal groups, a heart-friendly obstacle course in the gym, the Fire Department, Department of Fish & Wildlife and tons more. We really couldn't get to everything in the two hours.  Skyler, Kylene, Spencer and I dissected our first squid, Kyle loved playing with the reptiles, and more.  They came home with all kinds of little "gimmes".  It was a great evening.  I hope they'll do it again every year!

 Kylene participated in her first "Math is Cool" competition.  The Fourth Graders competed at Whitworth University this year and Snowdon ended up placing FOURTH as a team!  Kylene was totally surprised and elated.  Her classroom teacher, Mrs. Ayersman, was the coach, and her and her friends had a blast together.
Spencer earned his Cub Scout Bobcat award!  Woot, woot!  It is still a bit strange to officially have a cub scout.  When Kylene was a baby, I was called as a Cub Scout Den Leader; it was hard to imagine actually having a cub scout back then:).  I'm so glad I got familiar with the program in preparation for helping my three boys!  We have lots of years of Scouting ahead of us.  Way to go, Spencer!


And the last weekend of April, I had my big get-away to Palmyra, New York, to visit Susan.  What a great experience that was. Pictures and details forthcoming!

No comments: