Sunday, September 22, 2013

Andon is TWO!

Our sweet little Andon turned two on Friday, September 20.  He is "all things trains" these days, so it was easy to figure out a party theme.  I decided to attempt to make a "cute cake" (not normally something I dare) and found this train cake online.  It took a long time, but was really fun.  The other kids really got excited about it and we had a great time putting the frosting and decorations on together.


Our train party included playing "Choo, choo, train" (aka "Duck, duck, goose"), opening presents (all things Thomas), and having cake and ice cream.  I had talked to Andon a lot about blowing out his candles and we practiced a ton and he actually did it!  I didn't think he'd be able to, but he did it completely himself.  What a big boy!


Here he is enjoying his cake and ice cream.


The "masterpiece" shortly before destruction. (wink, wink)


Andon is our little sweetheart.  He is rough and tumble and loving and gentle, depending on his mood.  The other children adore him and love playing with him.  He loves reading books, playing trains, cars, or Little People, doing anything outside, destroying anything his siblings have built, repeating anything you say, climbing, and taking the kids to school.  Many days he thinks he should be able to go to school too and throws a fit that he can't stay.  He gives kisses and hugs that will melt your heart and will wave and say, "Hi" to anyone willing to give him attention. 
We would truly be lost without our Andon!

1 comment:

Glen & Kat said...

I'm impressed with the cake! Nice work!