Spencer & Skyler had a joint Star Wars/Superhero themed party (Spencer wanted Star Wars; Skyler wanted Superheroes, so we combined them. I think this is the last year I can get away with doing that.) Most of the Alva Barney family ended up coming to bring Lee & Sam; Jana came with Daniel, Stephanie, and Katelyn, and a couple of neighbor friends came over. I think it's safe to say they had a blast.
Here is "Princess Leia" with the Death Star Pinata I made for the party. (I know, my artistic skills are amazing. [sarcasm])

Spencer really wanted to play "Pin the light saber on the Jedi." I had no idea how I was going to create a Jedi with my artistic skills. The week before the party, I went to a huge rummage sale they have ever year in Wilsonville. Look what I found for $2: a Clone Wars Jedi!! I was so excited. It worked perfectly.
Here is "Princess Leia" with the Death Star Pinata I made for the party. (I know, my artistic skills are amazing. [sarcasm])
Spencer really wanted to play "Pin the light saber on the Jedi." I had no idea how I was going to create a Jedi with my artistic skills. The week before the party, I went to a huge rummage sale they have ever year in Wilsonville. Look what I found for $2: a Clone Wars Jedi!! I was so excited. It worked perfectly.
Skyler really wanted to play musical chairs. (I still haven't figured out where he learned about musical chairs.) Jana came up with the idea of trying to travel at "warp speed". So they played musical chairs with the Star Wars theme music in the background.
Spencer loved, loved, loved, his light saber. He had been begging for a "real one that lights up" for a long time. After the party, he came over to me and gave me a huge hug and asked, "How can I ever tell you how much I love it?" He just did! He was so grateful for it, it was darling.
Again, my incredible artistic skills...here is the light saber cake for Spencer. (My superman "shield" cake for Skyler didn't even turn out good enough for me to show it. Yes, it was that bad!)
We ended with a light saber "duel" in the garage. I bought these long glow sticks at the dollar store. The boys were out there for at least half an hour in the total dark hitting each other with them. Oh, the simple life!
It was a fun and full party.
After everyone left, Kyle's parent's surprised us by stopping by with gifts for the boys as well. Fun, fun!
After everyone left, Kyle's parent's surprised us by stopping by with gifts for the boys as well. Fun, fun!

1 comment:
awesome ideas! Fun party! Will you come do it for my boys?
Post a Comment