Saturday, April 13, 2013

Spring Break/Seaside

We had a fun/semi-relaxed/semi-crazy Spring Break.  Monday we spent the afternoon/evening in Salem.  Spencer had an eye doctor appointment, then we went and saw some friends while we were down there.  On Tuesday, Wendy came over to help me clean and move stuff around in the house (for my parent's return) and I made dinner for a family in the ward.  Wednesday I took the kids up to Wendy's for the day.  We had fun talking and cleaning at her house.  Thursday, Kylene and her friends threw all the mom's a "mom's party."  Here is the invitation:

The girls planned this for about two weeks prior to the event.  They told us they were planning it for us because "all we ever do is stay inside and work and not have any fun"!  I got a laugh out of that.  It was in my neighbor's driveway and included doing puzzles, an art contest, and playing charades (although we talked our way out of that last one).  I took Kylene and Hailey to the store and they selected cake, frosting, chips, salsa and juice as refreshments.  That morning they made and frosted the cake and wrote "Mom's Rock" on it.  They set up table and chairs and blankets for us to sit on.  It actually was quite fun to sit and relax and visit with some of my neighbors.  The girls are quite the party planners, I must admit!  It turned out great.

On Friday, Kyle took the day off work and we headed to Seaside for the weekend.  I hadn't been to that beach since I was a kid, so we decided to do all the classic tourist things: the beach, the arcade, Tilt-a-whirl, taffy and elephant ears, Pig 'N Pancake, etc.  We all had a great time and it was a nice break from the busyness.

 
 
 

My kids think hotel rooms are the most incredible place on earth.  We could have just gone there and they would have been happy.
 
 

Saturday we spent the day at the beach.  It was a beautiful day, over 70 degrees with very little wind!  The kids loved it, of course.
 
 

I love this picture of Spencer below our kite that Kyle was flying.
 
It was a fun trip.

Sunday following Spring Break was Easter.  The Easter Bunny visited us, then we enjoyed church with our ward, then headed up to Alva & Wendy's for dinner with them and the Clark's and Wendy's mom.  We had an Easter Egg hunt, marshmallow contest (how many marshmallows can you fit in your mouth and say "Fuzzy Bunny" ...It was pretty gross!), and visiting.  Again, it was a beautiful day and we spent most of it outside.  It's so nice to be able to be outside.  And wonderful to be with family.

No comments: