Thursday, August 2nd, Kyle and I celebrated our ninth wedding anniversary. It is hard to believe it's been nine years! (Especially after all those years we both wondered if we'd ever get married.)
We enjoyed a fun day together. Auntie Shayla and Ansley came over during the day and watched all the kids while Kyle & I went shopping, out to lunch, and to Moonstruck, our absolute favorite chocolate cafe'! I was in heaven eating the milkshake. It really is that good! Shopping was awesome for me, and perhaps a bit boring for Kyle. I got six darling new tops and two new pairs of shoes and Kyle, you ask? Well, he got some quality phone surfing and newspaper reading time. Oh, and, of course, he did some clothes consulting. He said it was fun, and I definitely appreciated actual shopping time with no kids.
Later that evening, we had a darling newlywed couple (Kaylie & Dallas, who are in our ward until they go back to BYU in a few weeks) come over and babysit while we went out to dinner. We decided to celebrate our anniversary and his new job by trying out "The Melting Pot" in Downtown Portland. (We've talked about going there for at least five years.) And it was definitely fancy, rich, and yummy. With that and Moonstruck, we had our fair share of delicious chocolate for the day! We chose the chocolate, marshmallow, and Oreo dessert dipper and it was a-ma-zing! Then we came home and watched a movie together.
It was a fabulous day together enjoying just that: being together. I don't know where I would be without this incredible man in my life. Oh, wait...I would be LOST! He loves me and my children to pieces, works his heart out, and always keeps us smiling. I look forward to many, many more amazing years together!
We enjoyed a fun day together. Auntie Shayla and Ansley came over during the day and watched all the kids while Kyle & I went shopping, out to lunch, and to Moonstruck, our absolute favorite chocolate cafe'! I was in heaven eating the milkshake. It really is that good! Shopping was awesome for me, and perhaps a bit boring for Kyle. I got six darling new tops and two new pairs of shoes and Kyle, you ask? Well, he got some quality phone surfing and newspaper reading time. Oh, and, of course, he did some clothes consulting. He said it was fun, and I definitely appreciated actual shopping time with no kids.
Later that evening, we had a darling newlywed couple (Kaylie & Dallas, who are in our ward until they go back to BYU in a few weeks) come over and babysit while we went out to dinner. We decided to celebrate our anniversary and his new job by trying out "The Melting Pot" in Downtown Portland. (We've talked about going there for at least five years.) And it was definitely fancy, rich, and yummy. With that and Moonstruck, we had our fair share of delicious chocolate for the day! We chose the chocolate, marshmallow, and Oreo dessert dipper and it was a-ma-zing! Then we came home and watched a movie together.
It was a fabulous day together enjoying just that: being together. I don't know where I would be without this incredible man in my life. Oh, wait...I would be LOST! He loves me and my children to pieces, works his heart out, and always keeps us smiling. I look forward to many, many more amazing years together!

1 comment:
Congrats! I'm sure kyle had fun shopping with you! Cause when Momma's happy everyone's happy!
Post a Comment