Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Fun in the Park

August 4th was Wilsonville's "Fun in the Park" Day.  The entire Towne Center Park was filled with booths, activities, jump houses, rides, etc., for the kids.  It was a record setting 102 degrees, but we braved the heat and had a great time.

 

Trying to stay cool in the shade.

Kylene's favorite part was definitely the pony rides.
 

While waiting in line for the pony rides for about 30 minutes, Skyler would not walk and was begging for me to hold him. (Which is very uncharacteristic of him.)  After the ride, I put him in the stroller and carried Andon as we decided where to go for lunch.  By the time we got to our car, he was completely lethargic.  Kyle suddenly realized he was in the beginning stages of heat stroke.  We hurried over to Wendy's, went in the air conditioning and started pumping him full of water and Frosty:).  He was very mellow for about an hour, but slowly started coming back to his normal self.  It was a little scary for a short time, but I'm glad we recognized it when we did.  After lunch, Kyle took Andon home for a nap while the rest of us stayed and continued to enjoy the festivities.  I thought maybe Skyler should go home and rest as well, but he would have none of that; he didn't want to miss out on any fun.  He even did his first rock wall climb!  I was impressed with how high he got!
 

No comments: