Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January Happenings

Happy birthday to me! My favorite thing about my birthday this year was how excited my kids were that it was my birthday. Definitely more excited than I was:). They spent all week making me little pictures/cards/bead necklaces, etc. before going to bed. Then they "slipped" and told me what they were making me. I repeatedly tried to make them feel better after they got upset that one of them told me what they were making. ("I still don't know what it looks like...that part will be a surprise!" works really well, FYI.)  It was darling.

We spent the day packing and getting ready for our move. We went to the library together. That evening Kyle & I went out to dinner. When our movie was sold out (really?!), we ended up hitting Lowe's to buy some new blinds for our house that we need to replace. (I know, I know, exciting birthday adventure!) Then we came home and had our party with my favorite Oreo ice cream "blizzard", compliments of daddy. Yummers! And since I had already packed the matches, I had flame-less candles to "blow" out. Hee, hee.  And I thought I was doing so good by not yet packing the candles!

Here are my darling children on my birthday!
And this week, we finally got the snow my kids have been begging for. I mean, it was Christmas already and still no snow? Unfathomable! The kids were elated about the couple of inches we got in Salem, and sad that it melted so quickly with the rain which followed the next day. I was fine with that, though.  No freezing, slippery roads to contend with.  My least favorite part was unpacking all the snow clothes, but it's a small price to pay for happy children, eh?

 

1 comment:

Beth said...

Such cute pictures! I do that with my kids too, when they get mad about telling me what they've made me. It is fun to see how excited kids get to surprise us. They still don't understand why I don't have a party though. Happy Birthday dear friend!