Monday, July 25, 2011

Family Time!

My sister, Alyson, and niece, Alysha, came for a visit June 19-27. I can't believe I didn't take one picture of it! But we had a lot of fun. They came over one day with my mom and we went and picked strawberries then made five batches of jam. It was soooo much easier having all that help since bending over at seven months pregnant to pick strawberries isn't the easiest thing in the world. I spent a couple days up at my mom's just all of us spending time together while Jana and Alyson scrapbooked. We also spent an afternoon at Pump It Up--which my kids loved--and swam all together at my parent's pool. All the girl cousin's had a sleepover at my mom's house, complete with doing nails, making hair flowers, and scrapbooking pages after a "photo shoot" by my dad. (I guess lots of pictures were taken that week, just none with my camera.)

Friday, the 24th, my nieces, Alohi and Bridgette, came and had a sleepover at our house. Kylene loved it, of course. (We had some very tired kids, to say the least!) They spent Saturday with us, which was a beautiful day. Here we are at Wallace Marine park for our picnic and playing along the river.



That evening my parent's hosted their Annual Singles' Ward Luau, for which Kyle was asked to put on the entertainment. He emceed and we asked Maile and her family to help, which they thankfully did! In addition to some of the guys in the ward dancing the Haka, Alohi and Bridgette danced a hula, Maile danced a hula, then Maile and I danced and taught everyone the "Hukilau." That is another popular hula that came about in early Hawaiian LDS Church history. (And it's easy, which is why I know how to dance it, although I wasn't too excited being the fat prego woman dancing the hula!) It was fun to be a part of the Luau and reminisce about when Kyle & I were in the same Singles' Ward eight years ago! In fact, the Luau nine summers ago is where I saw Kyle for the first time (he emceed that one, too). Woohoo!


Before the Luau started Kyle told me not to flirt too much with all the single guys that were there. I told him I was sure he was pretty safe since I stuck out like a sore thumb being the only pregnant woman there! I definitely was clearly marked, "Taken!" Ha!

Alva & Wendy's new baby, Kyler, was blessed on July 3rd. We also wanted to spend July 4th with them...since we've been hearing for several years what a great firework show they have in their cul-de-sac every year, so we spent two nights with them and had a great time just relaxing and being together. My parents and the Clark's also came up for the Fourth BBQ and fireworks and it was a great show. Kyle had a blast (literally) setting off fireworks to his heart's content.

On July 5th we brought my niece, Rebekah, home with us for four days. It was so wonderful to have her here. The kids loved it and I loved all the extra help a very responsible 11-year-old provides! She played games with the kids and babysat for me so I could run errands, go to appts., etc. Kyle & I even went on a date in the middle of the week! It was so nice. Oh, and she helped me pick raspberries and make my freezer jam for the year. Is it cheating that I had help with both strawberries and raspberries this year? Sooo appreciated.


Here the kids are with Bekah at the Carousel.







Lots of fun family time in June!

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

Wow you have been BUSY! :) How are you doing? when are you due? I can't remember if you are having a boy or a girl?