The oldest kids run a 3k, then it gets shorter as you get younger. The pre-K kids run 300 meters, almost one lap around the track. The parents also have the option of running with the pre-K kids so Kylene said she wanted me to run with her. It was so fun! My first organized "run" in years, and definitely since Skyler was born:). But my favorite part was seeing my daughter run on a track and be in an organized event: it brought back so many great memories of high school track and cross country. It will be so fun for me if she continues participating in things like this. (There's nothing wrong with living vicariously through your kids, is there?!) Here are a few pictures.
Look how fast we're moving! Look at the form! WOW! :)
After the race with her awesome medal. They also gave out two books for all the kids participating, which she loved.
Kylene & Gabe, one of her preschool buddies.

7 comments:
how FUN!
That is too, too cute! I hope there's nothing wrong with living vicariously through your kids. I thoroughly intend to put Evan in violin for that very reason. Ha! I love how she's waving in the picture. How fun that you two could do that together.
Living through my children is pretty much my life right now!
You should add us to your blog, if you want to.
http://dcdajensen.blogspot.com
So cute! loved seeing your 'mini-Amyanne' running on a track. What a great mother daughter moment!
So fun! I hope I can run with my kids some day. Congratulations Kylene!
We have to live vicariously through our kids to some degree! Being that all we have time to do is be mommies these day (i wouldn't have it any other way) She is a cutie and that sounds like such a fun event!
Awww, I wish we would have known Zach would have loved running and getting a medal!!!! Next year I guess!
Post a Comment