Thursday, August 13, 2015

July--Summer Fun!

We returned from Utah on Saturday and on Tuesday Beth & Randy Brown and family arrived for a three fun days together.  We played with them at Silverwood one day (minus Kyle, who had to work, and Andon, who got to go to a friend's house), and enjoyed the evening and mornings with them.  The kids loved being together and the adults loved visiting.

I was thoroughly impressed by Silverwood.  It was so much fun and such a nice theme park (clean and felt safe).  I loved the lazy river and braved the "big" rides with my kids.  Skyler went on "Timber Terror" with Randy early in the day and was asking me the rest of the day to go with him (he was tall enough to ride with an adult).  Finally, about 8:00 p.m., I consented.  However, I ended holding on for dear life with my eyes closed for most of the ride.  Skyler?  Well, he had both arms high in the air and was screaming with joy.  I told him I would have been no help for him had something gone wrong.  It was pretty hilarious.  He loves to tell people how much more he liked the roller coaster than me:).



Beth has two older daughters, but beginning with her third, our children are the same basic ages and genders the rest of the way down.  It is so fun when we get together!  It's pretty remarkable that we have known each other for over 20 years!

(Kylene and Nicole, Spencer and Gavin, Skyler and Ethan, Andon and Trevor)
 And here is the entire crew right before they left for home...we loved having them here!  (BTW, anyone is invited for some free housing while they go play at Silverwood.)
 Skyler purchased this SLC Temple Lego set at the BYU Bookstore.  He is still an avid builder and pretty well put this together on his own.
About an hour after the Brown's left, we also left....this time for Glacier National Park in Montana.  We first drove to our friend's and neighbor's house near Polson, Montana.  They have a second home right on Flathead Lake and had invited us to stop by and play if we ever came up there.  We decided to take them up on it and had a complete blast!  They are the sweetest people (Pam and Don) and we enjoyed swimming, playing in their kayaks, and going out on their boat and jet ski.  The kids took a turn on the tube and Kyle was in heaven on the jet ski.  It is the most beautiful, pristine lake and it was a beautiful day.

 We then continued about an hour north to our little rustic cabin in an RV park.  It was a cute little cabin with it's own little fishing pond (and very nice bathrooms!).


 Saturday we spent ALL. DAY. in Glacier National Park.  We drove the Going to the Sun Road and stopped many times for hiking, sight-seeing, and other breaks.  We brought a picnic and ate along a river.  It was a lot of fun, with gorgeous scenery and breathtaking mountains, mixed in with a little fighting in the car and other general family memory-making:).




I know it may be hard to believe, but I didn't include every picture we took;).  We got back to our cabin Saturday evening to find no electricity.  Which really was no big deal (we were "camping", after all), but it was extremely hot and we had not slept hardly at all the night before.  Kyle suggested we could just drive home.  I liked the idea, so we (literally) threw everything and the kids (Andon was already asleep) in the car, and drove home.  We arrived, exhausted, at 2:00 a.m.  It was a crazy way to end a fabulous trip, but it felt so good to be back in our own beds!

This is a long post already, so I'll finish July in a follow-up post....

No comments: