Friday, December 26, 2014

Andon is Potty Trained!

It is official!  My sweet little Andon, my stubborn little mule, is officially sans diapers!  That was his Christmas present to me.  And one I am most grateful for, of course.  It was several months in the coming, and dragged out much longer than I hoped (my own fault), but he did it!  He earned his new toys, new underwear, and his treats back.

Andon was ready to potty train this past summer, but I was too busy with moving, yard work, and family vacations.  I told him when he turned three he got to be potty trained, but still I put him off.  Finally, sometime the end of October/beginning of November, we made the jump.  He did really well for a few days, and I thought I was in the clear.  But then he decided it was easier to wear diapers and he refused to wear underwear (or had accidents).  I decided to lay off forcing him, but not before telling him no more fruit snacks or treats until he chose to be potty trained.  We waited a week or two, then after our trip to Utah, I checked out a bunch of potty-training books, bought him another "prize" he could earn, let him choose his own favorite Thomas the Train underwear, and told him I was not going to buy any more diapers.  Something "clicked" in his brain this time (that or he got tired of no sugar), and he was potty trained basically in a day.  After a few more days, he was wearing underwear full time, had earned his two train prizes and Thomas underwear, and we are now loving life, being diaper-free for the first time in 10 years!  Woo hoo!  Way to go, Andon!  I love little diaper-less bums and how skinny they suddenly look.  So precious.

No comments: