Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Christmas Vacation

Finally, I'm getting to our Christmas vacation.  Saturday, December 21, Kylene had her piano recital at Eastern Washington.  As soon as that was finished, we headed to Oregon.  We made great time, and enjoyed the next two weeks with family and friends.  We were able to go visit friends in Salem, and check up on our rental property there.  I got to have dinner with Beth and Memory.  We spent lots of fun times with the (Alva) Barney's and Clark's, and loved being back at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  My kids felt right at home:).  They went right back to playing with the neighbor's, and loved roaming the neighborhood, even if it was a little wet. 
Kyle flew back to Washington on Monday morning, December 30, and we stayed a few more days, then drove home Thursday, January 2nd.  (I guess someone has to earn the money, huh?  Thanks, babe!) 
The only "down" side to the holidays was that somehow, somewhere, Andon picked up Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease.  He woke up with the rash the morning we left for Oregon, but I had no idea what it was until Sunday morning when I talked to an advice nurse who knew what she was talking about.  (The two I talked to on Saturday were clueless.)  Luckily, we kept him home from church so we didn't share it with our old ward, but we DID share it with the cousins.  I felt horrible when Kyler, Michael, and Stephanie ended up getting it.  But, all in all, we had a wonderful trip and enjoyed the holidays!  And thankfully, my siblings are forgiving.

Here are some photos from our Christmas Eve Nativity and other festivities with the (Alva) Barney's and Grandma and Grandpa.
 
Christmas morning shots:

 
Miscellaneous shots:  My parent's let me open my birthday gift a little early: a new strobe for my camera!! Yay!; a picture of the little gifts we took to Anneca's grave; playing "Ticket to Ride", a Christmas gift, and our families new favorite game; Kylene and Lidya, dear friends who were very glad to be back together over the holidays; and, handsome Spencer posing for me to try out the new flash.

No comments: