Friday, August 16, 2013

The Moon, the Sun, and Grandma and Grandpa

We are officially moved to Cheney, Washington, just west of Spokane.  We are [very] slowly getting settled, and I'm trying hard not to go crazy in a house mainly full of boxes, toys everywhere, and lots of disarray.  We are slowly looking for furniture we need.  Yesterday on the way home from purchasing a new kitchen table, Spencer noticed the moon in the sky.  (Even during the day?  How can that be?!)  Skyler suddenly asked, "Does that moon that shines on us shine on Grandma and Grandpa?"  My heart melted.  I assured him it did, and then he asked if it shined on them at a different time than us.  I told him even though it feels like we are far away from Grandma and Grandpa, we are actually quite close, and the moon shines at them at the same time.  He then asked about the sun and when it shines on us and them.  It was a sweet conversation revealing how much my children have come to love my parents while we lived with them the past four months.  It was a cherished time and a blessing for our family.

The very day we moved in to this house, Kylene randomly asked, "Mom, where's Grandma?"  I repeated her question in a puzzled voice.  Then she clued in to what she had said.  Habits--and love--are hard to lose:).

I just had to record those little memories.  And, now, back to unpacking...

2 comments:

Cristie Jensen said...

Would love to see pictures of your new place and send me your new address via email. glad you had a safe move.

Glen & Kat said...

So sweet! Thanks for sharing those.