Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring Break

We enjoyed a nice, quiet Spring Break the last week of March.  We spent a day in Salem seeing friends, going to an eye appointment for Spencer, and driving by our old house.  Another day we drove up to Camas to play with the Barney's for the day: that is always fun!  Otherwise, we played lots and lots.  The kids enjoyed being outside several times, and I enjoyed a few chances to work in the yard weeding and pruning, which I really enjoy.  Friday evening we began our tradition of taking the kids out on one-on-one dates.  Skyler was our first.  He chose to go to a great, local pet store we have in Wilsonville (Critter Cabana) then out to get frozen yogurt.  It was so cute to see how excited he was the entire week for his date with mommy and daddy.  We were also excited to see the Clark's at the pet store when we got there; bonus! 

Possibly the most exciting news about Spring Break is that Skyler is now potty trained!  I have known he was ready for a long time, but I just haven't had the energy to take the plunge. I finally decided two kids in diapers was getting too expensive and I had to go for it.  Being home with nowhere we had to go provided the perfect opportunity.  And thankfully, he took to it like a champ. He had a few accidents, but otherwise has done super!  He pretty well needs no reminding, except when I want him to go before we leave somewhere, and takes care of it all by himself.  He still prefers going on his little potty seat, so we'll transition him to the regular toilet soon.  One time when he had an accident (a small one), he went upstairs by himself, changed into dry clothes, put his wet ones in the laundry basket and THEN came and told me; nice!  I am proud of my big boy, Skyler!  Big boy underwear it is!

Saturday and Sunday (Mar 31 and April 1), we enjoyed the weekend watching General Conference together.  Saturday evening Logan & Shayla came over and the daddy's went to Priesthood session together while the rest of us had dinner and played.  Kyle actually had to work part of the day, too, so it was so nice for me to have someone over to break up the day. 

I'll take no school with nothing in particular to do any time!

No comments: