Today, our sweet little Skyler turned TWO! It's hard to believe. We actually celebrated last night since Kyle was working late tonight. Kyle took Kylene and Spencer to Wal-Mart so they could each pick out a present, then we had cake and opened presents. Ta da, the perfect two-year-old party!
Skyler is saying a handful of words: ma ma, da da, ball, hat, hot, etc. I am very excited to have him start talking more. But, he loves to sing, "Happy Birthday" to just about anyone. He sings the tune perfectly, using the words, "uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uhhhhh." The last few days as we've talked about his birthday, he has always broken out in song like he's singing to himself! It is so cute. Last night was no exception. He eagerly joined in as we sang to him.
Kylene wasn't too excited over his "blowing" abilities: yuck, he's spitting all over the cake! But he finally blew the candles out with a little help from daddy. He just didn't like the after effects of smoke at all. But he did love opening the presents and had no problem figuring out how to do that. It's amazing how quickly they can learn! Here are a few of my favorite shots.
I figured since all the birthday party pictures were from yesterday, I better take one of him on his actual birthday. Here is my darling two-year-old ready for a walk to the mailbox:
Letting his personality come out a bit!
Skyler is loved by everyone. He is quick to understand and follow directions when he wants to, and loves being a part of the action. His favorite place is outside. He recovers quickly when he falls, and tries whatever he was doing again. He loves to sing, dance, read books (his favorite being the one I just made of pictures of him from 2010), play trains, doll house, play with fake and real cell phones (I think he can navigate Kyle's Blackberry better than me!), play with any balls, or chase his siblings around.
The last few months he has started up a very high pitched scream when something isn't going the way he wants. I think it's mainly frustration since he understands everything yet can't communicate. I'm really looking forward to him waking up one day and being able to speak full sentences and no longer scream. He has the most darling pout face and loves to stomp his foot when he's mad. It's hard not to laugh at.
He absolutely loves his daddy and "da da" has got to be his favorite word. He will go over to the phone, pick it up and say, "da da" over and over until I let him call Kyle. He loves to watch out the window for him coming home and runs to his arms to be swung around and thrown in the air.
He is also excited to be potty-trained, I think. He has had me take off his pants a few times so he can sit on the toilet. It's pretty funny, but I'm really hoping it continues and he potty trains early!! (A mom can dream, right?!) He had a yucky bout with pneumonia a couple of weeks ago but seems to have recovered quickly. He is finally sleeping through (most) nights, and is still thoroughly addicted to his binky. That is another goal for 2011. :)


1 comment:
Happy birthday cute and adorable Skyler!
Post a Comment