Monday, April 5, 2010

First McCune Easter Egg Hunt!

Growing up, my mom held a neighborhood Easter Egg hunt at our house every year. I have been wanting to start this tradition at our house, and finally was able to do it this year! Saturday (between Conference sessions), we invited seven families over to join us for an egg hunt in our yard. We had about 20 kids who "hunted".
Here are the younger kids getting a jump start on the hunt:
The older kids are "let loose".
Spencer, showing his eggs.
Finishing up.
I was too busy to take very many pictures. And a note about the weather. We have had downpouring rain here the last week or so, but it completely stopped raining for about an hour while people were here. I was so grateful the weather cooperated so well!
After the hunt, we had Monkey Bread, milk, and hot cocoa inside while the kids played and parents talked. My mom always made Monkey Bread growing up, so again, I couldn't not do it:). I hope this can become a tradition.

2 comments:

Beth said...

what a fun tradition! Glad the weather cooperated. We have our family easter egg hunt this Sunday when my dad get released as stake pres. It's been nine years.

Cami! said...

hahaha! You and Nate had quite a different childhood! I tried to get him to do some Easter things this year, and he claimed he had never even dyed eggs. He couldn't remember ever having hunted for Easter eggs, and was super grumpy when I woke him up early on Sunday to find his Easter basket. Also, Jana told me about the Easter Monkey Bread tradition, but Nate denied it and we had cereal and candy for breakfast instead. :-)

I'll definitely have him read this post! :-)