One of my all-time favorite treats is chocolate covered strawberries. This year, I was going to be in Utah on Valentine's Day. The Friday before I was buying groceries and saw strawberries. I thought to myself, "I would love some chocolate covered strawberries for Valentine's Day. I'm not going to be here and Kyle already bought me a plane ticket to Utah for Valentine's day...so, I'll just make them as a treat for the family tonight. I'm so nice!" I come home and while making dinner, quickly melt some chocolate chips and dip the strawberries in them. Here is my creation... (I know, don't laugh.)
Meanwhile, Kyle comes home, calls "Hello" and quickly goes upstairs. I think, "That's wierd, he didn't even come give me a kiss. Oh well, he must be busy."I tell Kylene, "Look at these yummy strawberries!" She runs upstairs and tells daddy I am making a special treat for dinner and tells him what it is. Moments later he comes downstairs and sets a gift bag on the counter. "I just can't surprise you, can I?" I look in the bag and find this:
Oh, man! What a lame-o wife I am.
But, being the giving person that I am, I let everyone else eat the strawberries I made and I enjoyed FOUR delicious AND beautiful chocolate-covered strawberries! Thanks, honey, for your sweet gesture despite my own attempts at spoiling it! I promise not to make any next year (hint, hint)! :)


3 comments:
Don't laugh?!?! I'm totally busting up! I love you for sharing that picture of the ones you dipped! That looks like a Memory Bybee creation! :-) I love the story, too. Too cute!
I'm laughing too. When I saw the picture I thought it was going to be a story about how the kids had destroyed the chocolate covered strawberries. Ha! Almond bark works very well for dipping strawberries and truffles. And I think you are a wonderful wife for many reasons, but in this case look how good you made Kyle's gift look!
I think that is just proof that great minds think alike! :)
Post a Comment