We have what we affectionately refer to as the "Monster Hedge" in our side yard, that runs over into our neighbor's and some city property. (Last summer we trimmed and hauled away 1,200 pounds off of it, but you'd never know it. It really is a monster!) For the last month or so, we had started hearing cats rummaging back in there and two stray cats had started fighting and crying at night. We also have had a small mole problem in our front yard for over a year, which had been driving me crazy. When I mentioned this to my friend, she told me about a guy in our ward who apparently loves to trap animals, so I called him up and he came to our rescue. What did he "catch" the first night, you ask? Not a mole or a cat! But, this:
Not that I'm an expert on possums, but this seems like a pretty big one to me! Being the animal lover that I am (sarcasm here), I wasn't too excited thinking there has been a possum roaming around our yard. He reset the trap and within a week, we also caught ourselves a mole and a ferrel cat. Thank you, thank you! I didn't have to touch any animal and problem solved! He still has the mole trap set in case there is another one, but so far nothing. Woo hoo! (And for all of you animal lovers out there who are concerned, the only critter who lost his life in this endeavor was the poor, little mole. The possum was released in the woods and the cat somewhere else in Salem--I just can't remember where he said.) Hopefully there will be no more moles, possums or fighting cats in our neck of the woods anytime soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment